Monday, April 15, 2013

  Yesterday afternoon we finally had a break from the soggy weather and although the ground was well soaked, it was nice to stay relatively dry!! After our grooming session I played with the saddle around and on Cece. If she side stepped or walked forward I would immediately send her forward for two laps around me at a working trot or canter (on the lunge line). It is a hard lesson to learn, but she is starting to realize that standing still is a whole lot easier than moving her feet! After working with her I left the training saddle on her for a couple hours while she ate piles of hay around the paddock.
  Today was a short session as my mom and I traveled a couple hours to see a horse trailer. When we got home I placed a bucket 3 or 4 feet next to the tractor tire (a "gift" my husband dragged up from the back of our property!!!) and had her weave in between them while I hopped/ stepped back and forth between them. I would play with her back and lean across her while I did this. She is coming along nicely! I know that I need to get some more pics taken so stay tuned! In the meantime, I will continue to show of her family. Below are photos taken this year of her half sister (Malisse of PLF, "Riah") who is the same age as Cece. The middle photo was taken 3 days ago, after Riah complained that Cece was getting ALL the attention! We went on a scavenger hunt for a taste of new spring grass in the yard.
Riah, just started under saddle

Riah and I looking for new sprouts!

Rick and Riah last Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment