Thursday, April 11, 2013

Soggy day!

Silver Classified Stallion Amstrat, Cece's Sire
 
Despite the poor weather, during a break in the rain, I did manage to clean Cece up and threw the saddle on her. I practiced swinging up and down on both sides and laying across her back. I am starting to do this a little sloppier than before as I want her to stand quietly no matter what is going on around and on her back.  I will be doing this exercise every chance that I get as I want her to feel as though the saddle is just an extension of her back. Cece is a fairly sensitive mare, without being high strung - a trait that is desired in many equestrian disciplines that require precision and finesse. This also means that she will respond to light contact, and will also be very careful were she puts her feet (think jumper, good jumpers are very careful NOT to knock down poles; trail horse, everyone wants a horse that will be calculated and surefooted). She really seems to enjoy the walks that we take as we expand our "known territory."
Cotton Candy, Cece's mom with her '06 foal

No comments:

Post a Comment