Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Rain or Shine

Today, Cece was ground driven outside of the pasture for the first time. She is really getting the hang of this! She is nice and light; responds to the slightest pressure on the bridle. We are working on stopping straight as she likes to face me when she "whoas." This is something that I always encourage when lunging her, so she just needs to adjust to a different exercise.
Brea experienced the western saddle, complete with girth tightened! She was excellent for tacking up. I then turned her loose while I drove Cece around. This gave her the opportunity to feel it while in free motion. The saddle didn't phase her at all, but she was missing her sister, so she did trot and play around in it a bit. This was perfect as it allowed her to see that no matter what she did, the saddle wasn't going anywhere! After I was done with Cece, I loosened Brea's girth and removed the saddle without a halter or lead rope. She was just happy to have the attention. A very laidback and easy
mare to get along with!
Check out Riah's full sister, nicknamed "Drizzle" for her cute facial marking. This picture of her is far better than the one that I posted last week! I love how well balanced and typey she is! And such legs!
Marcha and 2013 filly, nicknamed "Drizzle"

No comments:

Post a Comment